Here is some information about the Symposium schedule and travel in Manchester. You can also check Travel Tips and Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
See you soon!
Where to go:
- On Wednesday, July 27, check in at Manchester School of Art - Benzie Building between 14:30 and 18:00 (we are using 24-hour time for the schedule. So, 14:30 = 2:30 PM, etc.)
- Manchester Urban Sketchers is hosting a Welcome Sketchwalk at from 14:00 onwards. More information will be available at the event.
- After the Sketchwalk, join us for a Welcome Reception at 18:30 at Manchester Town Hall. Symposium registrants attend for free; guests pay £10 at the door.
- Schedule information for Thursday, Friday and Saturday can be found here on our site. The closing reception on Saturday is free to Symposium attendees; guests pay £10 at the door. More information about receptions will be available at the event.
- More information about meeting locations will be available to you when you check in at the Symposium.
- Print your schedule from Eventbrite or use their app! Log into your Eventbrite account (use the same email you purchased your ticket with), click on the link for 7th Urban Sketchers Symposium - Manchester 2016 under Upcoming Events, click Print Tickets on the left menu to download a PDF of your schedule.
- An umbrella is handy, but don’t forget the sunscreen and hat, too. A large portion of events take place outside, so be prepared for the elements.
- Bring your favorite sketchbook and sketching materials. A few sponsors will also be selling materials onsite.
- Some sketchers like to bring small, portable stools.
- Remember to leave some space in your luggage for the materials you will receive at the Symposium.
- Consider bringing pre-printed cards with your contact information to trade with other sketchers. (Moo.com is a good resource.)
- The weather usually averages from 18-20°C (64-68°F) during the day and about 10-13°C (50-55°F) in the evenings.
- From the airport, trains to the city run in intervals of 10 minutes into Piccadilly station. The average travel time is about 20 minutes.
- You can view your registration at any time by visiting https://www.eventbrite.com/
- Print your schedule from Eventbrite or use their app!
- To ensure a quality experience for all, we expect you to follow your workshop schedule during the Symposium.
- Visit the Symposium blog for information from instructors and updates about the event.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and join the Facebook group to meet other attendees.
- Use the hashtag #USkManchester2016 to connect on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to share your experience.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll also receive a brochure at check-in with information about everything happening at the event.