Presenter: Mark Leibowitz
One of the best things about attending the Symposium is seeing all the cool things other sketchers are using. It’s also a topic that interests almost every sketcher. We’re also always on the lookout for new solutions. Our choices are guided by the need for light weight and portability. This lecture is intended to be a worldwide survey of the creative solutions Urban Sketchers are using.
I am undertaking a global survey of the interesting tools that sketchers are using. I will be gathering photos and descriptions of all the novel things sketchers are using and getting samples and photos that show how the sketchers are using these tools in the field.
- To inform sketchers about tools and techniques they might not know about
- To entertain the audience with stories about the creative individuals who are part of our community of sketchers
- To share the work of our peers with interesting stories about how their sketches were created.
- What’s in a Sketcher’s Pocket?
- Things that Make Marks
- Things that Make Colors
- Drawing Tools, Gizmos and Devices
- Hacks - Everyday Objects we Repurpose for our Art
- Backpacks, kits, day-bags and the creative ways we transport our supplies.
- The Sketcher’s Personal Comfort
- If not a Sketchbook - then what?