I am finally revealing the cover to my new book. The first thing you notice is just how striking it is or at least I think it's striking. I went for the very minimal approach. I drew a close-up of my hand holding my infamous Uniball fine point weapon. There is much tension as the tip of the pen is about to strike the blank page. Not to brag but it may be the greatest cover in book publishing history or at least in the top few hundred million. The second thing you will notice is that someone very famous was willing to write the foreword. That's right, you read it correctly. So if you are dying to see what's inside, keep an eye out for my posts announcing when you can buy it.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.