Doing a series of sketches in this neighbourhood called Medina 3. Its an area where you'll find taylor's, welders and carpenters. Very slowly old houses are being pulled down and new buildings going up so little by little all those small workshops will probably disapear.
The first things to go were the trees to make more space for chaotique driving. Just by Diallo's taylor shop one of the rare trees left gives shadow to the group of men that meet everyday to play chequers. The first ones arrive and sit on the floor in a mat and put down their set and in less than half an hour others will join them and up to five games will be going on with plenty of people taking sides and helping ech player.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.