50 sketchers from USK-Singapore group are currently exhibiting their sketches at the National Museum of Singapore. This is our very first public exhibition with the museum. We count it a privilege as one of the very few community group to be invited into the museum. Our little exhibition ties in with a current exhibition by pioneer Singaporean artists entitled 'A Changed World'. This weekend I will also be making a short presentation about UrbanSketchers and the free-hand sketching movement to the public.
Below are two of my own submission to show the ever changing landscape of Singapore. I hope it also shows you how diverse and multi-racial our urban Singapore is.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.