I had a go at our kitchen view here in Stockholm today, to be able to capture the heavy snowfall. Would have loved to go out to sketch, but these huge snowflakes is not what you want landing on your page while drawing.
Snowfall tends to take away the contrasts, and usually everything turns monochrome grey. But today there was a spectacular light out there. Everything was softly pastel coloured. Even the sky was all yellow-pink-blue-grey. Makes the world look so gentle and kind, doesn´t it?
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.