For some reason Canadian honey doesn't look like American honey. The packaging I mean. I'm not sure where someone gets Canadian honey in the US. Maybe it was smuggled across the border. Anyway that's what it looks like. Very exotic. Oh, and by the way, Happy New Year.
Also Martin Scorsese has a new movie out called, The Wolf Of Wall Street. A big part of the film is about the shoe designer, Steve Madden. I used to do all the ads for Steve Madden shoes. One of my old Madden TV commercials made it into the film. It's one I made with director, Butch Belair. Not too many people get to be part of a Martin Scorsese film. Pretty surreal.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.