I went for a few days to a very small and unknown village in the south west of germany last week: neudenau.
main place is an impressive juxtaposition of old medieval houses, and
in spite of the 3ºC and the rain, I manage to sketch some of them. I
wish I could have sketched the all landscape as on this picture, but my
frozen fingers can't make it, and I had to spend an hour indoor next to
the fire place between this 2 drawings…
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.