Sketching is the best thing to do when you're waiting for your car in the shop. I hung out here in front of "Horn Photo" in Fresno, in what I think is called the Villagio shopping area off of Blackstone and sketched from my car. Once again, the kids I teach in the area weren't allowed to have recess because the air quality was so bad. I feel bad for them. It reminds me of growing up in LA county, when the "breath mobile" would come by and I would get free breathing tests. Ugh.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.