The Museum of Letters
is a Berlin institution dedicated to collecting and preserving letters.
Some of them are vintage advert letterings, other letters belonged to
old train stations that were renamed after the Berlin wall fell and thus
They were in the middle of renovating when i
was visiting, so signs were being carried around and rows of letters
were stacked against the walls. I really liked how the letters looked in
piles and stacks, like a threedimensional collage- very nice for
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.