The holidays hurt my back. I seem to be always behind the wheel of the car. I'm lugging giant bags of stuff to and fro. There are strange dining room tables I sit at trying to get in a few hours of work for my office. The good thing is that I like my brother-in-law, Mo. His house is full of women of every age. So Mo and I sneak down to his basement. He's got expensive cigars and good whiskey, plus a giant Samsung LED. I got him hooked on Breaking Bad. We watch episodes in the smoke filled room with our enormous round whiskey ice cube balls clinking against the glass tumblers. I was in heaven for 2 days.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.