Last friday I had a bit of time in between meetings so I bought myself a nice iced coffee and sat at SHOTS cafe to sketch. This little hip and trendy street is filled now with colourful cafes and restaurants, injecting new life into this historic area. As I was finishing up, a young man who works at the cafe came over and insisted I have second coffee free of charge. I was very high on caffine after that. I will definitely come back for another sketch at Shots Café.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.