i have mentioned these abandoned busstations along the a100 motorway before - now i got a new route to work, along this motorway dir southwest and i spotted more of them, like this stop of 'Autobahnbuslinie A65' at heidelberger platz.
these buslines were an alternative, for those, who did not want to use circular rail, because it used to be run by the gdr-owned 'reichsbahn', even in west-berlin. with the fall of the wall the lines lost their reason and were closed. the concrete sructures partly stay and partly got new uses.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.