The danish winter is generally dark and cold, and always seems to last at least two months longer than anyone would care for. To hold out for the more active and outdoorsy life of summer, we have a number of winter pastimes to tide us over, and since the weather makes outdoor sketching very difficult, I do a lot more indoor sketching as well.
Here are some sketches from the past couple of months - mostly friends and family caught before or after shared meals.
talking to people far away:
or playing games:
How do you pass the time, when the weather keeps you cooped up indoors?
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.