As a born and bred New Yorker, who grew up rooting for the Yankees, I am ok with saying that going to a Yankees game is like a yoga retreat compared to going to a game in the Dominican Republic. VIVE LOS TOROS!!!! As if the blare of the band, whistles, tamborines, guidas and horns were not enough, creating an evening of dance and merengue in the stands, one can enjoy a feast typico, Dominican style. Pollo, arepas, tostones, arroz, and mucho dulches. There is a feast for the eyes, too- this is a night out, and chicas get in free if they are wearing orange- I had mine on! And we won!
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.