It has been a while since I post here. But I still continue to sketch from 2012 to 2013.
Happy 2013 everyone.
Here are two sketches done on last Christmas Day with Liz Steel and other sketchers. We had a great time exploring Little India. I did the first sketch on the left at a road junction with Liz. In the second sketch on top, I captured the award winning hotel WanderLust on the left. The cars were blocking the view the whole time and I was lucky that the drivers did not come and drive them away when I was sketching them.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.