So finally the day almost arrives. On the 30 of January I will travelling and sketching through South India for a month. So it is time for packing my sketching gear. I want to share with you my materials:
This is my handbag with all the materials inside.
1) Sketchbook "Alpha" from Stillman & Birn, 2) Windsor & Newton Pocket Watercolor set
3) normal Brush 4) Da Vinci Squirrel Brush 5) Da Vinci travel Brush 6) Pentel Waterbrush
7) 8) 9) 3 Sakura Brushes filled with enolina in yellow, magenta and cerulean blue
10) Pencil 2B 11) 12) blue Watercolor colorpencil
13) 14) 15) Faber Castell Pitt Pen (S) Markers in magenta , sanguina and sepia
16) Pentel Brush Pen 17) White Marker
18) Faber Castell Portable Cup 19) spray Perfume bottle filled with water 20) Sharpener
21) Cutter (don't forget to leave it at home if flying)
22) white tipex
I really love my watercolor set, specially that I can hold it only with my thumb. I already bought new colors, to replace the old ones.
This also one of my favorites: the fold-able cup from Faber Castell.
I am also testing sketchbooks. this is one of the Delta Sketchbooks from Stillman & Birn. A view from the Metro Station Schlesisches Tor. It got dark very quickly and rained so I start trying to get the lights and reflections.
I am not sure which size of sketchbook to take. Usually I use a sketchbooks that it can fill in my handbag (9 x 6 in) . But in a bigger format like this one (8 1/2 x 11 in) the drawings look amazing! I plan to do a book after that. Should I take with me just one kind of Sketchbook or different formats? Could you give me your opinion?