BBC. CNN. Aljazeera. Slippers at breakfast. Stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage. Watermelon juice. Taxi doorman. Reuse all linens and towels. Newspapers in fancy bags. Key cards. Plug adapters. Upscale body cleansers. Phones by toilet. Bath salts. Laundry in boxes. Swimming pool in lobby. Overheated shuttle bus. Free wifi. Folded underwear. Foreign businessmen. Tourist groups. Bellboy models. Piano playing bar. Club floor. Home sickness.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.