George Town harbor is a beehive of activity on most days, it seems. Small ferries bring cruise ship passengers to the docks (far right), scuba groups head out to explore wrecks (center), shops and bars fill with tourists (far left) while construction cranes keep adding to the "skyline." This vantage point was from a lunch table at Rackham's restaurant, with a fresh grouper sandwich and local White Tip beer to complete the immersion experience.
On the flag: Brazil Urban Sketchers correspondent Juliana Russo sketching at Patio do Colégio in in São Paulo, Brasil.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.