Over the past 2 1/2 years, Marcia - a member of USK Midwest - has drawn more than 200 scenes (like the one at left) in and around Cedar Falls and Waterloo with approximately 36 framed pieces in the show.
USK Memphis has a group exhibit at that wraps up this week at Askew Nixon Ferguson Architects in Memphis, TN (USA). Each artist got part of a wall to display his or her works, and guests can also peruse the artists' sketchbooks as part of the exhibit.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.