The follwoing is taken from the news release for information:
"Where the world comes to TP and TP goes to the world"
Glocal Connect Village (GCV) at Temasek Polytechnic (TP) is a one-of-a-kind, iconic representation of the poly’s internationalisation strategy. Apart from being a vibrant learning space for local and international staff and students, GCV will also be a platform for these groups, local budding artists and the community to immerse in and showcase cultural diversity through artistic talent. TP is confident that this meaningful and significant engagement with individuals from diverse backgrounds will increase every student’s cultural awareness and sensitivity."
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.