My favorite movie is, A Man For All Seasons. It's a film about Sir Thomas Moore and Henry the Eighth. When I was recently in England, Yun kept telling me I would love to see Tower of London. It's the joint where Henry tortured and whacked all of his rivals, including Tommy Moore. Every time we are in London she asks me if I want to go there to see it. I always say no. I can be difficult like that sometimes. Finally she dragged me there. Tourists stretched as far as the eye could see. People had to wait on lines for hours to get into anything once inside the walls. We stayed for 5 minutes. The Tower Bridge was right outside the walls. I chose to draw that instead. Sorry Sir Thomas.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.