A quick sketch done against the light on Showa street, Ginza. Ginza is one of my most favorite cites in Tokyo. Just walking this town makes me feel a bit special. Unlike too bustling, young people oriented cities, Ginza has much adult and laid back ambience.
This is Nakagin Capsule Tower.You can see this unique building, a masterpiece of architect Kisho Kurokawa, within ten minutes walk from the center of Ginza.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.