I wish I had never been in Barcelona... I would then enjoy my first visit there next summer, sketchbook in hand, to attend the 4th Urban Sketchers Symposium. I'm envious of those of you that will be there for the first time... it is such an overwhelming city! But, oh, wait... I have never sketched there! just this recent drawing of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in the distance. Believe me, there is so much to be sketched there!!
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.