The Unspecific Index opens tomorrow evening, Nov. 15, at 601Artspace in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City.
I designed the mural display for Paul Ryan's theories called Earthscore, which includes a few of my illustrations along with Paul's video, his drawings, text, and an illustration of the Relational Circuit. My drawing above depicts the practice of Threeing, invented by Paul.
If you're in New York, I hope you have a chance to stop by the opening, or see the show. Paul's ideas are very wide in scope, covering ways to live and exist in our environment.
He recently exhibited his Yoga of Relationships called 'Threeing' at the documenta festival in Kassel. I was honored to design some of the graphics for his pavilion. There's a great video from the documenta pavilion here: Momenta 100/(055) Threeing
Fellow Urban Sketcher Omar Jaramillo was at documenta, and drew the pavilion: http://www.urbansketchers.org/2012/07/documenta-13-kassel.html
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.