Yet another sketch video- this time from Hyde Street Pier in San Francisco. My son and I took a day in the city, and the weather was wonderful. People were swimming, kids were building sand castles, and musicians were keeping the atmosphere festive. And it is November! Imagine that. We grabbed a cup of clam chowder and played some quarter games at the Musée Mécanique. My favorite feature there was an early animation devise called a praxinoscope. (kunst-by-rob)
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.