One month ago we held our very first large scale group exhibition at the Viridian Art house here in Singapore. We were invited by Singapore's annual ArchitectureFestival to put up this exhibition as part of their fringe activity. A total of 39 Singapore Urbansketchers showcased nearly 200 sketches at this exhibition. It was wonderful to see such a diverse body of work. In conjunction with the exhibition we also organised 2 sketchwalks to Clarke Quay and Fort Canning hill to engaged the wider public.
Parka, our fellow USK sketcher has taken some photos of the opening reception and you can find them. here.
This was drawn on-location at the Singapore River. Those orange roofs are part of our parliament house and in background you can see the sillouette of our Marina Bay Sands casino too. Our sketchwalk photos taken by Parka can be found here.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.