My wife and I had to go to my cousin's wedding in Ireland. We had round trip tickets to London that we hadn't used, so we flew to Ireland through Heathrow, which is a nightmare for anyone who has ever switched planes there, knows. It takes over an hour an a half to get to your next plane, but that's another story. The wedding was lovely. We were returning to New York on Sunday. When we got to Heathrow, Yun got a text from American Airlines saying all flights to New York were cancelled due to the pending storm. We looked at the board but it didn't say anything yet. Yun and I knew it was true though. We ran to the ticket counter and they told us it was very true. So we booked a flight later in the week to Manhattan. We only had carry on luggage so we didn't have to wait to get our bags back, which would have been a horror show. After we were done, it got posted that everything was cancelled. Suddenly people were coming from every direction in a panic. We walked out calmly and headed for London. We stayed with friends and were able to have a nice little extended holiday. Thankfully we missed the whole storm. I enclosed a photo of 3 of the kittens that I write about in my drawing.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.