Herman Dewit is a Belgian urban sketcher. He is well-known as one of the "founding fathers" of the folk music revival in Flanders and the Netherlands. However his life as a musician never kept him away from another passion: sketching and water colour painting. On the contrary: when travelling to play concerts in Belgium and abroad, he always carries a set of elementary tools and materials with him to capture landscapes, village views and people playing music. A beautiful selection of these travel impressions has now been compiled to form this Herman Dewit's art book.
Altijd onderweg ("Always on the road") is not for sale in bookshops, you can only order it directly from the publisher's website. It costs € 25,00 plus postage costs, depending on where you live.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.