Too busy at work as the new semester has just started. I have been sketching but have not been posting on USK blog for a while. Oct sketch walk at Clarke Quay was fun last Saturday and it gave me energy to continue to do this sketch on Sunday in the Singapore River vicinity. It was a hot Sunday and a very quiet street on the weekend. However, I am sure this place would come alive at night with the nightclubs and bars in this area.
The corner iconic building was built in 1938 by Ho Kwong Yew, a local architect in an art deco modernist style at that time. Archipelago brewery now occupies the ground floor with a very open concept. I also love sketching the colourful city car parking signs on the right.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.