Ermidas do Sado is a small village in in the heart of Alentejo (Portugal) that probably none of you have ever heard about or will ever visit. A friend´s family lives there and it´s where I spent Easter weekend to get to know them. Above is Mrs Lurdes (my friend´s mother) front porch view . We arrived right on time for saturday´s lunch and a home made jantarinho alentejano, a typical local delicacy, was waiting for us :) After which, while some slept a nap, others stayed chit-chatting seated under the porch shade just wasting time... I chose the second option and took advantage of it to draw on my sketchbook :) It took me nearly an hour, but even the clouds seemed to have stopped, allowing me to draw them ...
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.