"I’ve started sketching while travelling and then I've brought this habit to my everyday life. I found out that drawing makes me look even at my home town, Moscow, with different eyes. In this photo I'm sketching Garage, a contemporary art gallery in Moscow.
I’ve lived in Berlin for about two years now and I am still discovering the city. Urban environments, people's faces and daily life moments fill up my sketchbooks and this help me to observe more carefully things around me".
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.