Last month we started "Drawing Attention," a newsletter of sorts to share news about our community. In other words, news about all sketchers out there drawing the world and sharing their visual reports here, on the flickr group or on their own blogs... There's enough happening to do a new update, so here we go...
- Rolf Schroeter (Berlin) wrote a wonderful essay about the Art of Urban Sketching for Berlin blog Slow Travel Berlin. You should read it. It's excellent!
- Simonetta Capecchi (Naples) is teaching a sketching workshop at a villa in Tuscany from May 29 to June 4 (info.) If you are in Italy or have friends in the area, Simo said you should stop by, even if only for a day. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could.
- Adebanji Alade (London) has published a book of his public transportation sketches on Blurb. It won't take long to see the Tube commissioning Adebanji. Congrats!
- Marina Grechanik (Tel-Aviv) is the latest urban sketcher featured on The Artist's Magazine section "From the sketchbook of...". Get your hands on the June issue while there are still copies on the shelves. I've gotten mine already.
- Eduardo Bajzek (São Paulo) was featured on the latest issue of Brazilian Magazine Ilustrar, which you can download here.
- Registration for the Portland Urban Sketching Symposium at PNCA is filling fast. If you are considering to attend, register soon to secure your spot. On the Symposium site today you can read an interview with presenter Veronica Lawlor (NYC) by Tia Boon Sim (Singapore), and find more information about the 3-day workshop.
Thanks for visiting and happy sketching,
P.S.: To share sketching related news or just say 'hi, I'm a sketcher too,' write to us at urbansketchers at gmail dot com. It may take us a week or two to reply, but we will! We are a nice bunch!