June 14, 2009. Sketching in Edmonds, WA (USA). See the sketch here.
I've tried to condense the philosophy of urban sketching into a few sentences. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, if anything to have a clear idea of what our Flickr group and blogs should be about. I've already tweeted some thoughts on the matter, but here's my final draft, just waiting for your input.
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
We don't exaggerate reality or caricaturize people.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.