The sun is blazing hot in Stockholm right now, so the boat theme suits me well. Sitting in the shadow by the water is just about the best thing you can do at the moment.
This boat lies by the dock on one of the small islands right in the middle of Stockholm, Skeppsholmen. There are lots of old boats there, and a nice calm atmosphere in the middle of the hectic city. Across the water is Strandvägen, the street where the rich people live - or wish they did. It´s just about the most prestigious address you can have in Stockholm.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.