Sketched from the stairwell at work, this is the UC Davis water tower, the Space Needle of Davis. Our answer to the Fernsehturm, or the BT Tower. Well, you can see it from the freeway, and that's how you know there's a city there. It doesn't have a revolving restaurant either, just a big load of water. It's our local landmark, I suppose. We need the water; there's been a little bit of rain lately, but might not be enough to prevent a drought and shortages this summer in the Central Valley. Oh, it was not foggy, nor was it dawn, but in fact sunny and lunchtime. But the title seemed appropriate.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.