I'm in the midst of doing a tv commercial. Finally I could do a bit of drawing on the set. The first thing that caught my eye was this dude. After I showed my sketch to him, we started chatting. He has an unusual last name and the only other person I could think of with it is Anthony Zimmern. He told that Andrew was his cousin. He's the guy on the food network who eats all of the bizarre foods. My friend Drew and I said he must have been the kind of kid who always took dares. He said yes. Once when they were little kids he said they asked Anthony to jump across a glass coffee table. Of course he missed and cracked his head open. He also said he was very smart as a little kid too.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.