I have really been enjoying all these great sketches so I thought I'd better throw my hat in the ring. Here are a couple of drawings from Park Slope in Brooklyn. The first is the view from the window of Lobos, a Mexican bar on 5th Avenue, great margarita's and the second drawing is a scooter that is always parked outside the Tea Lounge on Union Street. With the cold weather coming I'm sure to be posting some drawings from inside some of my favorite New York bars in the not too distant future. Great work everybody. These drawings were done in ink with a ruling pen and a bit of watercolor.
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.