"In the past, San Diego was a destination I chose for a short getaway. I loved visiting Balboa Park Museums, Coronado Island and the beaches and took many weekend trips here.
I have been a resident of North County San Diego for about 20 years now and still take pleasure visiting tourist attractions in San Diego.
While organizing paint out groups for an art club I have discovered many lovely spots in and around this city. We have beaches, mountains, and deserts which are all close enough for a day trip of sketching and painting.
My favorite medium is pen and ink with watercolor."
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.