"I am an architect and teach the courses of croquis and dessin at a school of architecture in Liège. I am 62 years old and have been drawing for more than 40 years. Over that period of time I have accumulated several thousand drawings, most of which I have never shown. That's why it's been a pleasure to discover Flickr just four weeks ago, allowing me to share drawings that would otherwise have remained inside my sketchbooks, not to mention the pleasure of discovering the work of others."
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.