I´m not a big fan of coffee chains taking over cities all over the world. In Stockholm it´s Espresso house, Robert´s coffee, Wayne´s coffee and Coffeehouse by George - kind of funny that none of them has a Swedish name, isn´t it? I´m sure Starbucks owns them all, and aim for world domination. However, they all have great coffee, and I confess I do end up in one of them every once in a while. This drawing is from one of those places. I liked the angle I saw these two guys from, so I had to draw them. (Thank you, Tommy, for your instructions on how to publish big drawings.)
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.