Monsaraz is a beautiful fortified small town in Alentejo (Portugal). In every street and corner there are beautiful details to draw. Recently the building of a huge dam / reservoir has deeply changed the views to the neighborhood. Where there was only countryside you can see now an endlessly water surface. After posting some sketches I was invited by ADIM, a local association, to show my sketchbooks. This happened last summer in a cozy gallery called Casa dos Sapos and I was very happy with it. Next week the show will move to Reguengos, a neighbor town, and will be installed in an old granary, together with the wonderful photos of Jurgen Irp
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.