Here are a bunch of typical England football fans in a bar in Brooklyn called Floyds. They are watching England crash out of the World Cup 2006 to Portugal on penalties, any England fan will be able to relate to these scenes, any sports fan for that matter. I didn't watch another England game for two years after this. I want to thank Tommy Kane for teaching us how to post larger scale drawings, I posted these two to see if I could get that to work. Cheers Tommy.
On the flag: Johannesburg sketcher Cathy Gatland sketching outside Kippies Jazz Club in Newtown.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.