"I’m Wil (or Wilbur) Freeborn, I live on the west coast of Scotland in Gourock. I commute everyday to Glasgow where I design web sites for BBC Scotland. It was drawing on the everyday commute I discovered the fun of drawing again.
Its been a great way to explore and find out more about where I live. I like to plan and visit places I wouldn't normally go, to find new places to see and draw traveling by train, ferry or bike and sometimes all three.
So, hopefully I'll show you what it's like from the west coast of Scotland."
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.