"I live in San Gimignano, a small medieval town in Tuscany, between Florence and Siena. I studied art and architecture in Florence several years ago and really love this fantastic city. Now I like to walk along the banks of the Arno river and along the small streets of the old town, smelling the air full of history of Renaissance palaces, where Michelangelo, Botticelli, Leonardo and many other great artists lived and worked.
I love sketching these buildings and people who travel these roads and I like to portray the many statues that decorate the city, similar to witnesses and guards. I take notes on moleskine and then revise them in my study.
My sketching tools are the moleskine, some fountain pens Lamy Safari with black waterproof ink Noodle's, Winsor & Newton watercolors."
On the flag: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA sketcher Jessie Chapman sketching at Charlottesville train station with UVA Medical Center in the distance.
Urban Sketchers is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing. Consider making a donation today to help us continue to 'Show the World, One Drawing at a Time.' All donations in the United States are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The Urban Sketchers logo was created by Italian graphic designer Franco Lancio.